HOW BIG OF A RISK TAKER ARE YOU? MORE ABOUT YOUR PERSONALITY THAT IS FASCINATING.

Photo: raYmon's Creative Commons Flickr Photostream
No title given:  Suggest:  Henna Hand (Take a walk on the wildside.)

Have I got some goodies for you today, all brought to via the kindness of the Universe and Intuitive Inner Wisdom gone wild on Internet research.

These aren't your "Magic 8-ball" gimmicks (free question at 8-ball Web site.)  They are scientific, Carl Jung, Myers-Briggs psychological/personality tests and you cannot believe how much interpretation you get, as well as advice for more successful living in reference to your type. 

The test takes about 10-15 minutes.  All are free except for one looking at whether or not you are the entrepreneur type, which is five bucks.  You get pages of interpretation and scores all from taking the Carl Jung-Briggs test.

I learned that I am way up there on the introvert charts, nary an extroverted cell in my body, but don't think I get walked on.  In terms of taking risks, measured at 0-100 percent with the lower the percentage being the lower the desire to take risks.  A real by the rules guy or woman is around 32 percent.  The mean is 53 percent.  My risk taking and desire for cheap thrills puts me near the top of the heap at 78 percent. 

The most interesting part, I thought, was reading about what type you are depending on your score, and famous people who share that type with you, and I'm talking Gandhi (me) category famous, not Lady Gaga or some other flash-in-the-pan using up the end of their 15 minutes of being famous.  I am first of all an "Inspired" type (I must have followers for my world view.  Sign up where it says followers.  Don't worry about the specifics of my view.)  I am #2 the Adventurer type, who in the old days were knights roaming castles and kingdoms, swashbucklers, and the crazy guys who didn't have to do it, but volunteered to fight lions when things were too slow for them.  Today the Adventurer type is most likely a terrorist, drug smuggler, revolutionary or conspirator, all personal dreams for my future.

Excited?  It is absurdly fascinating, unless, of course, you are a 0.3 percent on the risk scale and find it too scarry or revealing.

The main test is the Jung Typology Test.  I won't waste my clicks to tell you what little I know.  The info is there when you click it.  Although I did read some synchronomous (is that a word--"coincidental by divine plan") background on Jung's theories of introverts vs. extroverts while reading "Man and his Symbols." Google it for more, or read this book or any of his other books.  Right now I'm still on dreams and their interpretation. (I have no readers because I write at a 12th grade readability level I learned after finishing an article tonight.  That means I have to completely rewrite, but I have help. If you go to this great little readability utility Readers' Digest writes at a 8th grade level.  The lower the readability, the more the readers.)

Check out these readability stats:
Gunning Fog, Flesch Reading Ease, and Flesch-Kincaid are reading level algorithms that can be helpful in determining how readable your content is. Reading level algorithms only provide a rough guide, as they tend to reward short sentences made up of short words. Whilst they're rough guides, they can give a useful indication as to whether you've pitched your content at the right level for your intended audience.

Website address

This service analyses the readability of all rendered content. Unfortunately, this will include navigation items, and other short items of content that do not make up the part of the page that is intended to be the subject of the readability test. These items are likely to skew the results. The difference will be minimal in situations where the copy content is much larger than the navigation items, but documents with little content but lots of navigation items will return results that aren't correct.
Philip Chalmers of Benefit from IT  provided the following typical Fog Index scores, to help ascertain the readability of documents.

Typical Fog Index Scores
Fog IndexResources
6TV guides, The Bible, Mark Twain
8Reader's Digest
8 - 10Most popular novels
10Time, Newsweek
11Wall Street Journal
14The Times, The Guardian
15 - 20Academic papers
Over 20 -

Over 30              You know the government is up to something. 
Only government sites can get away with this, because you can't ignore them.
I'm pleased to say this blog comes in at a 7th grade reading level.


I've got to run.  Hackers/Google fooling with my Web page.  Margins are all over the place.

 

No comments: